Lofty Podcast: Silver Basics with Sarah Shinn Pratt
When it comes to collecting silver, there’s more to it than just finding the perfect piece. It turns out, a lot of people are storing their silver antiques all wrong, damaging the silver (and lowering its value).
Today, we’re going to tell you how to avoid those mistakes. And, we’re excited to do that in the first podcast in our new Lofty Podcasts series! Each 10-minute interview will feature an art or antiques expert giving collectors like you the inside information about their area of expertise.
Up first is silver specialist Sarah Shinn Pratt, who has been in the antiques business for more than 30 years. Sarah has worked for an international auction house, and she’s participated as an expert on PBS’ Antiques Roadshow for the last 10 years. Today, Sarah operates her own art advisory firm, and she’s a member of the Appraisers Association of America.
In this interview, Sarah brings you up to speed on the current silver market. You’ll also learn:
– What kind of silver will retain its value, and which items “fluctuate wildly” on the market.
– Which silver makers are hot right now, and why.
– How to spot “made-up” pieces, and what to know before you buy one.
– Three common household materials that are like Kryptonite to silver.
– What you need to know before you use silver cleaner.
Get the info here: