Holiday Hostess Gift Ideas
This holiday season, be the life of the party with a unique holiday hostess gift. Whether it’s an Art Deco vase or a serving tray with a bit of history, when you give gifts meant for entertaining, the host is sure to treasure your present year after year.
1. American Silver Plated Presentation Tray, Presented to Massachusetts Senator Nathaniel Wales, Nov. 25, 1869.
2. A Pair of Staffordshire Irish Setter and Bird Spill Vases, circa 1860.
3. Pair of Chinese Blue and White Rose Water Sprinklers, Kangxi Period (1662–1773).
4. Tiffany & Co. American Silver Footed Plate, dated 1922, with maker’s mark.
5. Belgian Art Deco Ceramic Vase by Charles Catteau for Boch Frères Keramis, early 20th century.
6. Japanese Earthenware Part Tea Service, early 20th century.
7. Three Silver-Plated Cocktail Shakers, 20th century.
8. French Pink Opaline Glass Vase, third quarter 19th century.
9. Austrian Painted Porcelain Charger, “Kunst is Gunst”, after Paul Thurmann (German 1834–1908), signed, circa 1900.
10. American Sterling Silver Flatware Service, Gorham Mfg. Co., Providence, RI, in the Lyric pattern, circa 1940s.