Lofty Podcast: Ceramics 101 with Erin-Marie Wallace
It doesn’t matter if your tastes favor bone china, majolica, earthenware, or porcelain—there is a wide range of ceramics that are vastly collectable. And, if recent auction results are anything to go by, the prices these decorative objects fetch can surprise even the experts.
So how do you know what to look for when buying ceramics? In the latest edition of the Lofty Podcast series, Erin-Marie Wallace, owner and auctioneer at E.M. Wallace Auctions and Appraisals, shares an expert’s perspective on what modern-day collectors should know about the market and what to look—and feel—for when buying ceramics.
In this Podcast you’ll learn:
– How to increase the odds that your collection will appreciate in value
– Two cheap, simple tools that you can use to spot restoration work on ceramics
– How Wallace detects damage that’s invisible to the eye
– The easiest (and safest way) to clean your ceramics
– How to figure out what that family heirloom is really worth
Get it all right here: